Sunday 26 August 2012

Rainy season is officially here!

I fell asleep to rain, woke up to rain, ate breakfast to rain, chased chickens in the front yard in the rain, researched Nicaraguan destinations on the Internet while listening to rain and now I'm about to eat more breakfast to rain. Rainy rain.

Rainy mornings are a good chance to research travel opportunities and that's exactly what I've spent this morning doing. It's also a good reminder that I shouldn't have forgot to bring a rain jacket. But either way I need to focus on Nicaragua desstinations. I've decided to visit la Isla de Ometepe in Nicaragua! It's an island formed by two volcanoes in the middle of Lake Nicaragua, the largest fresh water lake in Central America. I'm particularly interested in a hostel situated on this island called El Zopilote. It's a hostel/farm that promotes Eco-friendly farming and permaculture. It seems like the perfect spot for me to continue my interest in permaculture. I'm really excited to get there.

We planned on leaving Malpais today but we decided to take advantage of the free accommodations for one more day. So as of now the plan is to catch a bus to San Jose tomorrow, acquire some travel amenities and arrange transportation into Nicaragua from there. Hopefully a camera will be one of my acquisitions and I will be able to make this blog a little more visual!

On the maze side of things I am also knee deep in a new drawn maze. It's smaller than what I'm used to and I'm purposely making it simpler to solve. I feel my maze development to date has been leading more and more into the uber complex and vastly time consuming realm. Simple tiko life has inspired me to make simple mazes. Stay tuned for new puzzles in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment