Friday 27 July 2012

Yesterday was busy! I put in a solid 12 hour shift and now I'm up early to open the kitchen at 5am. Definitely didn't want to do the early shift out here but I don't mind helping out based on the circumstances. Art is interviewing someone today with the hopes that he will start soon and take over the early shift. That will let me go back to evenings and prep work like I was expecting to do from the beginning. The farm is slowly getting busier, our service numbers are slowly growing. We're serving just over 100 a meal now. I'm told it will be closer to 500 just before showtime. This number scares the crap out of me because of the size of this little kitchen. Should be interesting.

I met up with my buddy Dave who was tasked with painting some buildings. he was nice enough to let me design a maze for the front of the generator building. Yesterday he painted a big white diamond on the front of a bright green building. Hopefully my early start today will give me time to start working on that this evening. I'm glad I got a decent paying job out here, but if I do help out at Shambhala again I'd like to do it in some other way as opposed to cooking. The food's pretty good though. And I do have a ferocious appetite.

The ovens are almost hot! Time to heat up some breakkie for the farmily! What will today look like when I fall back asleep in my micro-tent?

No comments:

Post a Comment